I am a Scottish illustrator with an aptitude for craft and sculptural work. I particularly enjoy adapting illustration into a more three-dimensional form using various materials including paper, clay, recycled plastics and more recently metal work. The majority of my work stems from the natural world. My creations highlight environmental impacts and should prompt us to consider our wildlife with its rightful respect and admiration
Education and Employment
Illustration (Bachelor of Design Hons.), Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design (2016-2019)
General Foundation Art and Design, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design (2015-2016).
Advanced Highers and Highers, Perth Academy (2009-2015)
Photo Processing and Customer Advisor, Walgreens Boots Alliance (2014-Present).
Experience and Skills
- Studying commercial, editorial and informational illustration.
- Experience in various sculpture techniques including some foundry and metal work.
- Confident in handling a wide range of drawing materials (ink, watercolour, coloured pencil etc.)
- Self-taught in a range of different design softwares (Adobe Photoshop CC, InDesign CC.)
- Printing abilities include: silk screen, etching, relief, lithography and risograph.
- Knowledgable in photography, photo retouching and film development.
Awards & Commendations
- Designer Award, the Herald Scottish Culture Awards 2019 (shortlisted).
- One to Watch, the Herald Scottish Culture Awards 2019 (shortlisted)
I was shortlisted twice for my work on my Scottish ecology project, Forget Me Not.